There are lots of ways you can get your art seen.
Here’s a little guide to using visual art:
- Decide on the message and meaning of your art piece
- Research how other artists have tackled this issue
- Choose the best media for expressing yourself: painting, photography, digital art, drawing, collage, sculpture, textiles, or some other creative and dynamic form
- Replicate! Take a picture of it that you can share on social media. Print posters. Print and cut up into little flyers.
- Include a way for folks to get more info about the issue or how to contact you – website, hashtag, email address
- Share it! Post to social media. Distribute flyers in public spaces. Tape up posters around town in strategic locations based on who needs to see it.
There are lots of ways that you can use your visual art talents in your campaign. A few examples:
Murals can transform public spaces by interrupting the mundane and boring with colorful bursts of creative storytelling.